On 11th May 2017 the Red Cow Moran Hotel hosted the Safe Electric Roadshow in Dublin. More than 130 Registered Electrical Contractors attended and were interested in the presentations of the Safe Electric inspectors and the participants of the energy sector like ESB, CER and NSAI. As John Clare, Safe Electric Chief Inspector pointed out in his introduction, the main purpose of the night was to help RECs create breach-free installations.
Main topics covered
- the discussion of common electrical installation issues and the related regulations and the correct completion of installation documentation (certifications and test record sheets) by John Clare and Kevin Callan Safe Electric Inspector (Dublin Area)
- update on the ESB Code of Practice for Customer Interface by Ray Eustace ESBN.
- updates from CER on recent prosecution statistics and ongoing projects by Loretta Joyce Acting Regulatory Manager Safety Supervision.
- updates from NSAI on related standards by Dr Stewart Hickey Senior Standards Officer NSAI.
- Power Point presentation of extracts of part 6 of the ET101 National Wiring Rules including details of amendments and the Building Regulations with respect to Fire Safety and the live demonstration of a testing run by the Galway area Inspector Tim O’Connor.
Popular events of the night were the electrical testing sessions at several testing boards led by the Safe Electric Inspectors Dave Butler and Thomas Sheils. The sponsors of the roadshow, Megger represented by Sandy Thompson and Chronotherm Controls Limited represented by Terry Kelly also presented their latest products to the interested RECs.
Also helping out on the night were Eszter Anna Bujtor Safe Electric Assistant Quality Manager and Fiona Whelan Safe Electric Administration.
By the end of the night everybody left with some useful information.