If you wish to make a complaint about the technical and safety standard of the work carried out by a Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) or if you have not been issued a Completion Certificate and the REC is refusing to do so, please submit a complaint by completing the complaint form.
Safe Electric is primarily concerned with electrical safety and technical standards (i.e. compliance with the National Rules for Electrical Installations published by the NSAI)
Safe Electric does not have a role in disputes of a commercial nature.
If your complaint is not about a REC, you can report alleged illegal electrical works.
Safe Electric’s Complaints Procedure does not deal with the following aspects of a Complaint:
- Contractual or commercial matters of any kind, such as the price charged for the works or whether correct payment has been made to the contractor for works completed.
- Complaints about aspects of electrical works which are not directly related to electrical safety, such as the performance of a lighting installation.
- Complaints where subsequent action has been taken by another contractor. In such cases, Safe Electric would be unable to firmly establish, by means of an on-site inspection, whether or not the electrical works originally complied with the National Rules for Electrical Installations.
- Non-compliance with specific requirements which fall outside the scope of the National Rules for Electrical Installations.
- Complaints about works carried out by persons other than Registered Electrical Contractors (RECs).
- Electrical works that are not yet completed.
Note: If a complaint is not valid, Safe Electric will advise the complainant of this. You can find a list of common non-valid complaints here.
Here is a summary of how complaints are handled by Safe Electric
- Completed Form is acknowledged within 1 Working Day
- Safe Electric investigates Validity of Compliant – Note Safe Electric is Primarily concerned with Electrical Safety
- Complaint resolved without the need for Inspection (If it is minor & facts are agreed)
- Site Inspection Required
- Please allow REC to rectify any issues if requested to do so by Safe Electric
- Complaint resolved (Breaches Corrected, possible further inspection required) and Certificate Issued
- Summary Report provided to Customer
Please see Details of the Complaints Procedure for further information.
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM YOU AGREE THAT:
- THE ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR WILL RECEIVE A FULL COPY OF THE COMPLAINT YOU SUBMIT
- THE ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR WILL BE PRESENT AT ANY INSPECTION CARRIED OUT BY THE SAFE ELECTRIC INSPECTOR
- YOU WILL ALLOW REASONABLE ACCESS FOR THE ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR TO CARRY OUT ANY NECESSARY REMEDIAL WORK
Please enter details below: