The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, and Minister for Health, Simon Harris, have issued strict guidelines for people to stay at home from midnight on 27th March 2020.
The main rule is to STAY AT HOME. You can only leave your home to:
- Travel to or from work if you are providing an essential service (full list is available on the link at the bottom of this notice).
- Shop for food. You can get the list of essential retail outlets from gov.ie.
- Collect medical prescriptions and medical supplies and go to medical appointments
- Carry out vital services like caring (including family carers)
- Exercise briefly within 2 kilometres of your house. (You can bring children but must keep 2 metres away from others for social distancing)
- Do farm work
You cannot arrange a gathering with anybody you do not live with.
Everyone who can work from home must work from home. This includes essential workers and workers in essential government, utilities or other functions.
Relevant Safe Electric sectoral detail
- essential health and related projects relevant to the COVID-19 crisis, and supplies necessary for such projects
- repair/construction of critical road and utility infrastructure
- delivery of emergency services to businesses and homes on an emergency call-out basis in areas such as electrical, plumbing, glazing and roofing
Repair and installation of Machinery and Equipment
- the supply, repair and installation of machinery and equipment and industrial machinery and equipment for essential services
Electricity, Gas and Water
- electric power generation, transmission and distribution
- extraction and distribution of gas
- water collection, treatment and supply
- sewerage; waste collection, remediation activities and other waste management treatment and disposal activities
We are aiming to fulfil all outstanding cert orders today, March 30th and process existing Post and Pre-connection certs in the coming days.
We will keep you updated by notification on the Safe Electric website, email and text message communication.
Please see the link below for the latest Covid-19 update on Gov.ie
In the meantime, stay safe.
The Safe Electric Team