In November 2017 The Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU) introduced a fee for follow-up inspections resulting from breaches found during inspections. These charges came into effect in Q1 of 2018.
Where the total number of points for breaches of the national wiring rules (ET101) received by a REC during an inspection are 10 or more then the REC will receive a follow-up inspection.
The charge for follow-up inspections for RECs that require a higher level of monitoring is €180 + VAT based on the current actual costs incurred. This charge will be subject to review from time to time.
How to avoid a Follow-up inspection
• Ensure the installation complies fully with current wiring rules
• Read previous newsletters as nearly all breaches that Safe Electric inspectors observe have been identified
• Ensure “Test Record Sheets” are correctly and completely filled in and all the readings and recordings are accurate
• Ensure that the Certificate is correctly filled in
• Ensure your test equipment is calibrated (test results will be void in the absence of calibration)
• Maintain standards of workmanship and installation safety compliance at all times